Boat Yard CIII

5-4-10

   

 

    Here are a couple pictures of the adapter and "T" fitting that comes out of the AC unit itself.

 

 

 

 

  Here are a couple pictures of the actual insulated duct running between the adapter and the quick disconnect in the overhead deck.

    Below are a series of pictures of the reason for all this AC duct work at this time. I needed to get this duct run before I can finish gluing the forward section of the fly bridge. The little box I built is under the insulation and covers the hole in the aft bulkhead of the bridge. You can see the quick disconnect in these pictures so I can disconnect the duct to remove the bridge top.

 

 

 

 

     Here are a couple pictures of the AC / Heat register in the bridge. To the left is a picture of the hole in the bulkhead and the inside of the box. I painted it black so when the register is open you won't see a white wall behind it. To the right is a view of the register itself mounted in the opening. It sure was a lot of work just to get AC up to the main bridge and I still don't have it all hooked up yet.

 

 

 

 5-7-10

   

   I've been working on my fly bridge, modifying the front panel to box in the AC duct coming up from the salon. Here are a couple pictures of the panel with the enclosure added to it to cover the AC duct. I also had to modify the side panel to go around this box. Everything fits good and I should be ready to start the final gluing pretty soon.

     I've also been working on my sliding doors (Picture Below) for the bridge. I have them both all varnished now and I've installed the glass and some of the hardware in the port door. I have to order another piece of glass for the starboard door and then it will be done as well.

5-16-10

  Fly Bridge     I'm still working on the forward section of my fly bridge. Here are a couple pictures showing where I'm at right now. To the left is a picture of the whole thing showing the forward inside panel and the dash installed. You can also see the supports for the windscreen. To the right is a little closer view of the windscreen supports. I have templates made for each piece of glass that goes in between the supports and into the slot along the bottom edge of each one.

 

 

 

Mooring Bit

Mooring Bit

     I also have my mooring bit on the anchor deck completed except for final painting. I drilled and fit the one inch stainless steel bar in the 4 x 4, and then I had to cut it down just a bit because it was still too high. I have it pretty well shaped and ready for primer. I cut grooves in the stainless steel bar and used epoxy to glue it into the 4 x 4. It's a nice snug fit, and the grooves filled with epoxy will keep it from twisting or sliding in or out.

 

 

NextBack