Boat Yard CIV


       Another week has passed and the progress is ongoing albeit slow. In the picture to the left you can see that I have completed gluing all the framing on my fly bridge, and I have just finished cutting and fitting the deck plates for the fly bridge. I have also completed all the templates for the glass windscreen for the fly bridge. I have them installed in the supports in the picture to the left. In the picture to the right, you can see the control closet for the fly bridge. This is a compartment where all the wiring, hydraulic hoses, and engine controls go through to the fly bridge. As you can see, I have some of the wiring run, and the hydraulic lines.



        I'm just one week out of hip replacement surgery so I haven't been able to work on the Molly B lately. I'm still in Rehab getting some physical therapy so I can get back to work as soon as possible. Maybe another week or two and I can get back to doing some light duty at the boat yard.


        My hip surgery went well and now I just have to recover. I will be back to work on the Molly B shortly, I hope.


        My new hip is doing well, and I have started working on the Molly B again, at least a little each day for now. Here are a couple of pictures of my fly bridge that show the inside panels all installed and primed. I'm ready to install the outside panels as soon as I feel comfortable crawling around up there on the top of the boat. The plywood panels you see around the front top edge of the bridge are actually templates for the glass that will go there. I actually completed this before my surgery but I just didn't get any pictures of it.



    Here are some pictures of what I have been working on. I need to backlight my instrument panels on the bridge so I had to make some brackets to hold the LED lights behind the text on the panel. These are a couple of pictures of the brackets for the port instrument panel. Each of the holes in the bracket will hold an LED light.





    Here are a couple of pictures of the starboard panel bracket. This one was a little harder to make because of all the switches and gages on that panel. Now that I have these brackets completed, I'm going to have to find another job I can do at the work bench so I don't have to do too much walking and climbing around the boat. It's good to be back!






    I have my instrument backlight brackets installed on my panels. The port panel is to the left and the starboard panel is to the right. Now all I have to do is install and wire the LED lights and they will be all done.




    I have also completed mounting the instruments in my fly bridge panels. The picture to the left shows some of the wiring on the back of the instruments and the picture to the right shows the instruments installed in the panels. I'm about done with the wiring I can do right now so I'm going to have to get back up on top of the boat and see if I can finish the fly bridge. I have lots of wiring to do up there but I'm out of wire so I have to get some ordered before I can complete everything up there.