Boat Yard CXII

4-6-11

   

    I've started putting up some of the trim in the salon. To the left is a picture of the crown molding along the starboard side. To the right is a picture of some of the battens installed along with part of the chair rail. It's coming together but now I'm stuck waiting for varnish so I can finish the panels for the port side.

 

 

4-13-11

   

    Here are a couple more pictures of the paneling and molding along the starboard side. In the picture to the left you can see my sliding doors along the bottom of the paneling which allows access to the storage area under the side deck. To the right is a picture of the crown molding installed around my pantry and up to the passageway to the bridge.

 

 

    My varnish arrived and I have completed the panels for the port side of the boat. Here are a couple pictures of the paneling along the port side. To the left is a picture of the paneling in the aft portion of the salon and to the right is a picture of the paneling in the galley area. I have some of the molding cut and fit for the port side and should get it up tomorrow.

 

 

 

4-26-11

        To the left is a picture of the starboard side, all finished. I have installed all the panels forward of the sliding door storage areas and all that is left is the molding around the windows. To the right is a picture of the port side with the sliding door panels installed. Now I have to take a few weeks off so I can get a new knee installed. So, this will be my last entry for awhile. I hope to be back to work shortly.

 

 

 

7-10-11

        I've made it back to work on the Molly B finally! My knee is doing pretty well but is still a long way from being back to normal. I am only able to put in a few hours a day but hopefully that will improve as my knee improves.

    I have started working on my cabinets for the galley. To the left is a picture of the base for one of the cabinets on the workbench. To the right is the base positioned in the galley with some of the vertical supports installed. It doesn't look like much right now, but hopefully it will take shape as I go along. I've really had a lot of problems trying to figure out how to get all the appliances in the cabinets when there isn't enough room to put them in there. I really had to do some serious modifying of my original ideas for these cabinets. I think I have finally figured it all out but only time will tell.

 

    Here are a couple more views of the framework for the cabinets. To the left is a view looking into the galley, and to the right is a view of the corner of the cabinets and part of the opening for the refrigerator. This is going to take some time!