Boat Yard LXVIII

5-20-07

       As you can see, in the picture to the left, I have temporarily installed some of the floors for the salon sole. I needed a platform to work on to figure out exactly where the stairs will go, both up into the bridge, and down into the stateroom.  I just laid a sheet of half inch plywood on there for now so I can locate the stairs.

     To the right is a picture of the operation. As you can see, I had to tear out some of my bench seat in the bridge. That's because I decided to make the stairs a little wider than I had originally planned. It got a little more involved than I anticipated because I had to move some of the bridge deck framing to get the stairs widened.

 

 

     In the picture to the left, you can see how I had to move the bridge deck framing to get the stairs a little wider.

      Then I had to worry about head knockers so I had to cut one step going down, into the salon sole. That meant I had to relocate the fresh water tank below that in the engine compartment. It turned out to be quite a job.

 

 

 

 

5-28-07

  

     I finally got my bulkhead cut and fit. As you can see in the picture to the left, I have removed the temporary plywood and installed the bulkhead. It's hard to see in the picture to the  left but to the right is a close up of the framing for the step I had to cut into the salon sole. This will help with the head knockers going down into the stateroom and head area.

 

 

 

     To the left is a closer view of the step framing from a little different angle. It's a little easier to see the actual step in this picture. I had to lay my water tanks down as a result of changing the steps. To the right is a picture of the starboard water tank (with the step removed), all installed with a shelf installed over the top of it for mounting some of my pumps. I have done the port side the same way so I should have plenty of room for all my pumps and piping. The hole in the shelf is for the water tank fill pipe and vent.

 

 

 

 

    

     To the left is a view of the port water tank. I was concerned that the tank would be in the way of working on the forward part of the engines but as it turned out, that shouldn't be a problem. To the right is a picture of my holding tanks. That is my next project. I have to get them mounted before I can paint the bilges. I guess that's what all this construction is about. I just need to give the bilges a last coat of paint before I start with the plumbing. It just got a little more involved than I anticipated.